This training intensive is the first phase of the Koru Mindfulness teacher certification program. The training will lay the foundation for teaching the Koru Mindfulness curriculum.
Learning ObjectivesFollowing this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify the developmental challenges specific to emerging adults and the ways that mindfulness and meditation are uniquely helpful for this age group.
- Discuss the research on Koru and other mindfulness research that is relevant to young adults.
- Identify common stumbling blocks emerging adults experience with mindfulness and meditation and develop teaching strategies to address these stumbling blocks.
- Demonstrate specific mindfulness skills taught in the Koru curriculum.
- Organize and teach all three components of the Koru Mindfulness curriculum: Koru Basic, Koru 2.0 and Koru Retreat.