At the Center for Koru Mindfulness we believe that practical experience is very important so we've made it an integral part of our teacher certification training. After completing your phase 1 workshop, you are ready to start organizing and teaching your own Koru Mindfulness classes with support from our faculty.During this phase you’ll teach 3 Koru Mindfulness courses and participate in 4 on-line consultation meetings with Koru faculty and other Koru teachers-in-training.
Here's what you do:
Create a Course
- Visit the Course Management section of the dashboard and click CREATE A COURSE
- Fill in the details and click CREATE
- You can view the course signup link by clicking on the button to the right of your course name.
- We will take care of the nitty gritty parts of registration for you, using our tried and true recipe for maximum retention. Your class will be capped at the appropriate amount with a wait list.
- Once you've created your course, you can access it under the Course Management section of the Dashboard.
- All your active courses will be listed in Course Management (your inactive courses are under Course Archive). Click on the course you want to manage. Here you can edit the details of the course, and view the student roster.
Schedule video consultations
- Schedule 4 online video consultations.
- You may find you benefit from scheduling at least 1 before you begin teaching.
- Details about the consultations can be found here.